Some good news for HTC EVO owners. Now they can enjoy android’s latest version ”Jelly Bean 4.1” on their mobiles. An unofficial version has been released by Team D.I.R.T which is based on Cyanogen Mod 10. Although this is a beta release but it’s great news for those people who love to get their hands on latest offerings before anyone else. This custom ROM is not for factory state phones i.e non rooted devices.
Caution: We are not responsible for any damage done to your device due to not following the instructions given below. Kindly do not apply this update on Network locked devices which may brick the device.
What’s Working :
- Mobile Data
- USB Mass Storage
What’s Not Working :
- 4G network (including data)
- No Netflux, HBO and other video apps
- Stock Browser flickers and is hard to use
- LED/Proximity sensor
- Perform a complete backup of your phone which includes all your contacts, messeges, call logs, applications and data.
- A complete NANDROID backup is a must, in case problems arise and you want to revert back.
- Enable USB debugging on your phone. To do this go to Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging and tick the check box.
- The phone should be rooted and a Custom Recovery should be installed.
- Disable any antivirus or any other security suite running on your PC, which may interrupt the update procedure.
- Charge your battery to a minimum of 50%, we don’t want failure of power which during the process which may brick the device.
- Download the Team D.I.R.T 4.1.1 Jelly bean ROM from here. After downloading, transfer it to your phone’s SD card.
- Reboot the device into recovery mode via bootloader mode which can be accessed by pressing Volume UP Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button.
- After entering the recovery Wipe Data, Wipe Cache, Wipe Dalvik Cache, Wipe Cache Partition Wipe Battery Stats.
- Now to install the update select install zip from SD card and then browse the the ZIP file which you had downloaded. Select the file and continue with the process, it generaly takes 5-10 minutes to install the ROM.
- When done correctly the phone will reboot and first boot will take time as the ROM builds up the cache. So don’t panic.
Congratulation! You have successfully you have sucessfully upgraded your HTC evo 4G to Jellybean!