The much awaited Google Drive is up with 5GB of free storage. A place where you can share, create and collaborate your stuff. No matter where you are whether on vacation and want to access some files just get them through Google drive. With it you can access files saved in your computer from any device. However, it isnt avaiable till now on iPhone and iPad. know you must be thinking, will Google drive be better then Drop-box or any other cloud sharing? Lets see in the following article..
Features of Google Drive
- Collaborate: If you are working on some kind of project on Google doc, spreadsheet or presentation, you and your partner can work together on a single project at the same time from different places.
- No waiting: No there’s no need to attach a file through email attachment. All you need to do is, just upload it and send a link of it through gmail.
- Sharing made easy: Tired of uploading pics on image sharing website and videos on youtube? Directly share the images and videos of yours in your G+ circle by selecting “From Google Drive”.
- Search instantly: As we all know, Google is the most accurate search engine. So is the google Drive search box, which lets you search files by keyword and filer it by type, owner and more. It even recognize the object in the document and images with Optical Character Recognition (OCR) technology.
- Open any file: It supports Over 30 file format which means you can open even HD video, Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop file in your browser.
- Share and edit permissions: Share file with anyone you want whether it be a group or a specific person. And edit there permission if they can view, edit or comment.
- Tracks every change: Whenever you save a file, each time a new revision has been created so that you can access your even 30 days back data. Also, save a revision forever if you want to.
- Get 5GB Storage free.
With Google Drive access your data from anywhere you are whether you are on home or in the office. Google drive is available for:
- Computer and Mac
- iPhone and iPad (coming soon)
- and on every android device
You data will always remain safe with Google Drive even if your phone is corrupted, laptop not working, HDD crashed. It is the most secure place for your data. To get started with Google drive go to https://drive.google.com/start#home and sign up if you are not registered. You will have to wait for 3-4 hours to get access to Google Drive.
Google Drive Storage
Google gives you free 5 GB of Drive, 10 GB of Gmail and 1 GB of Picasa for free to keep your files safe and accessible from any device.
Once you have used up all the free storage you can upgrade your account to get more storage space. Upgrade your account up to 16TB for $799.99 / Month which includes +16 TB of storage for Drive and Picasa. Plus, an additional 25 GB for Gmail. Lets have a look at more storage plans:
You can purchase more storage space from here: https://www.google.com/settings/storage