Samsung has decided not to roll ICS version for Galaxy S after looking at its performance. But they have finally come up with Value Pack XXJW4 to update the mobile to version 2.3.6.
After so much mess about the new value pack. Samsung recently rolled an update for Galaxy S users and now they can update there mobile to Gingerbread 2.3.6 android version. Its a great news for Galaxy S users but this update is not pushed via KIES officially and maybe not available in most the countries but soon it will be. New Features:
- Face Unlock
- New Kernel with huge RAM (Total RAM: 364 )
- Galaxy S II ICS Lockscreen
- Photo Editor
- Built-in TouchWiz 4
- Improved Camera UI + Can capture pictures while shooting a video.
- Auto-Rotation is fast – Fast switching from portrait to landscape.
- Overall speed improvements.
- GPU Performance slightly increased.
- Some Google Apps updated.
Compatibilty: This firmware update is only compatible with Galaxy S GT I9000 and not on any other version.
- If you have Samsung KIES installed in your PC, then you must uninstall it and close it down completely as this update has not be pushed on KIES and may interupt in between
- Charge the battery to at least 80% to ensure that it doesn’t gets turned in between
- Backup data so that it doesn’t gets lost/corrupted during the installation process. Below is the guide to backup data:
- Backup SMS by using “SMS Backup & Restore app”.
- Transfer contacts by syncing them with Gmail application
- Store Call Logs.
- Copy Songs, Videos, Files from internal External SD Card.
- Download the file “XXJW4 2.3.6 Value Pack Zip package” in your PC.
After you have done all the things listed above in the Pre-requisite, you can now proceed to the Installation guide:
Installation procedure to Update Galaxy S GT I9000 with NEW Value Pack XXJW4
2. Extract Odin and open it and turn of your Galaxy S to enter the Download mode by pressing and holding Volume down Key, Center button and then press Power Button. Once you have entered the Download mode, you will be welcomed by a green robot.
3. Connect the mobile with the PC with USB cable and the ID: COM will turn yellow which means the device has been updated.
4. If it doesn’t turns yellow, than there can be two things that are first, USB driver is not installed in your PC and second, Samsung KEIS option is not ticked which can be accessed by going to “Settings > Wireless & Network > USB Settings” and tick the checkbox next to Samsung KEIS.
5. Click the “PDA” button and select “JW4_JW4_JW4.tar” and click start to start the upgrading process.
6. After the upgrading process the phone will reboot and home screen will appear , remove the USB cable which connects the mobile and PC.
7. And Done. Enjoy the new versions of this value pack!