Samsung is a multinational south Korea company known for its electronics product. They said that earlier that they will be releasing new ICS 4.0 update for S2 and they have kept their words.
Galaxy S2 users in Poland, Hungary, Sweden in Europe and South Korea in the Asia Pacific region can enjoy the new ICS from today only. Within a month, the update will be available for every country in the world.
Users in the countries listed above can update their mobile through Kies or by waiting for the Over-The-Air upgrade and many will recieve notification to update their mobile device to ICS 4.0 version.
Samsung is the first company to roll out Official ICS 4.0 Update for Galaxy S2. Also, this update is not available for United States users by bought S2 from AT & T, Sprint or Verizon Wireless and will have to wait another update.
How to update Galaxy S2 officialy with XXLPQ Firmware to ICS Android 4.0.3
Note: This update is not available for Korean users. Also, we are not responsible for any damage done to Galaxy s2. So follow all the instructions given below carefully.
- Ensure that battery is charged at least 60% so that the phone doesn’t gets shut down in between.
- Go to “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and enable the USB debugging mode.
- Backup data so that it doesn’t gets lost/corrupted during the installation process. Below is the guide to backup data:
- Backup SMS by using “SMS Backup & Restore app”.
- Transfer contacts by syncing them with Gmail application
- Store Call Logs
- Copy Songs, Videos, Files from internal External SD Card
2. Open the Odin executable file in your PC and switch of your mobile phone to enter the download mode. By pressing and holding “ Volume down Key, Center button and Power Button ” . Once you have entered the downloading mode, a green android bot will be visible on your device screen and will be saying that “You have entered the download mode.”
3. Connect your mobile to computer via USB cable and don’t close the Odin file, keep it opened. Once you have connected your mobile, the Odin ID will turn Yellow.
4. If it doesn’t changes its color to yellow, it means that you you need to install USB driver in your PC or tick KIES option by going to “Settings > Wireless & Network > USB Settings” .
5. Now, choose the option of “PDA” and select the file I9100XXLPQ_I9100OXALPQ_I9100XXLPQ_HOME.tar.md5 from the extracted files and click on “Start” and this will start the installation process.
6. Take out the battery and insert it again and after that enter the mobile in recovery mode by holding “Volume Up Key + OK button + Power Button.”
7. Select Wipe data/factory reset and Wipe Cache partition in the recovery mode and after that reboot your mobile with the help of Volume rocker keys.
8. Be careful and if the installation procedure stopped due to any popup or any reason, you’l need to root it again and insert the battery again.